Inn At Union Square
Just steps from renowned shopping, dining and entertainment, the Inn at Union Square offers the best location in one of San Francisco's most iconic areas. Our hotel in Union Square features a quiet 30-room retreat with highly personalized service in gracious accommodations. Enjoy complimentary high-speed Internet access, morning newspaper, continental breakfast and much more at one of the best Union Square San Francisco hotels.
Directions from the South, Including San Francisco Airport, on Highway 101
- Take 101 North towards San Francisco.
- As you approach the city on Highway 101 you will see signs for the Golden Gate Bridge/Civic Center. This will be for the left lanes because the highway splits here. If you stay in the right lanes, you will head toward Berkeley and Oakland on the Bay Bridge.
- After you successfully merge to the left lanes, take the first exit, Ninth Street.
- The Ninth Street exit empties on to Bryant Street. Travel across Bryant and stay on Ninth Street for five blocks until you get to Market Street. This is a major thoroughfare.
- Go across Market Street; Ninth Street changes its name to Larkin Street. Stay on Larkin Street for eleven blocks and make a right turn on to Post Street.
- The Inn at Union Square is five and one-half blocks further on the left at 440 Post Street, under a red awning.
Directions from the East, Including Oakland Airport, Via the Bay Bridge
- Take Highway 80 towards San Francisco, and cross the Bay Bridge. As you are crossing the bridge, merge left so that you are in the far left lane by the time you are about three-quarters across the span.
- After you have crossed the bridge, exit 80 at Fifth Street, which is a left lane exit.
- At the light on the Fifth Street off ramp, merge softly to the left onto Harrison Street. Go one block and make a right turn at Sixth Street.
- Four blocks later Sixth Street intersects Market Street, a major thoroughfare. Go across Market Street, where Sixth changes its name and becomes Taylor Street. Don't be alarmed. You are not lost, you are just in a part of town that looks worse than it is.
- Continue on Taylor for six blocks and make a right turn on Post Street.
- The Inn at Union Square is one and one-half blocks further at 440 Post, on the left side of the street at the red awning.
Directions from the North on Highway 101
- Take 101 South towards San Francisco.
- Cross the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Take the Lombard Street exit, and proceed on Lombard for approximately 1 mile.
- At Van Ness, turn right. Go 14 blocks to Bush Street and make a left, using the left turn lane at the intersection of Bush and Van Ness.
- Continue on Bush for 7 blocks; make a right turn onto Mason Street.
- Head down the hill for three blocks to Post Street and make a left onto Post.
- The Inn at Union Square is on the left side at 440 Post, under the large red awning.